Friday, April 6, 2012

Popular music

I was doing some more research on popular music these days, and I found this cool article about Justin Bieber.

Bieber

How does this guy get so popular, every time it seems like he is fading out he gets a new single that shakes the teenage girl world. I wish I had that kind of talent. I'm not really sure if he is actually that good though. I'm in a choir, and although we don't sing pop music, we have completely different sounds. His style is too nasally for my taste, but I'm not the wealthy producer that pays him am I??

What do you guys think about today's popular music. If you believe it is just a bunch of over rated electronically enhanced noises then you would agree with me. Music needs to return to its roots, in harmony and melody, and actual talent. Like this:

Sorry about the pessimism, I had to get that off my chest.

C Ya, Miguel.

18 comments:

  1. geez i thought you were gonna start ranting about how justin bieber has a angelic voice :o nice bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like today's popular music, although there are some great songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. There are way too many musicians who are very talented that don't get the recognition they deserve...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I was glad The Shins' 'Simple Song' is getting so much airplay lately. Great musicians and a great song

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont hear much of actual music, I prefer the classics xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. dont care about the current music, but meh, let the kids listen to it if they want

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, if only i could be the one selling Justin Bieber to 12 yo girls. Then i'd be rich...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The general public is so affected by the media these days that its getting out of hand. Every one joins in on the music genres that are "in" right now. For instance, club music and dance type music is what is popular right now. But next year that is most likely going to change. Oh well. Good blog, check mine out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've allways loved coldplay, following!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i don't like the kid, but i gotta admit, he's got swag

    ReplyDelete
  11. I run an indie radio station...I am FAR too opinionated to post about "popular" (*cough*corporate*cough*) music...But it is an interesting situation to ponder.

    On a side note, a LONG time ago a blog called "lesbianswholooklikejustinbeiber" came out....worth a google if you haven't seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coldplay over Justin Bieber anyday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love coldplay! Welcome, I'm new too!

    ReplyDelete